Wow, Johnny Lee is ingenious!
Archive for August, 2008
The graduating class of 2008 from the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information had Adrian Tan, a litigation lawyer, as Guest-of-Honour for their convocation ceremony.
His friend, the insightful mrwang, posted the humourous speech on his blog. Drop your course materials and read it here!
- Don’t work.
- Avoid telling the truth.
- Be hated.
- Love someone.
I understood #1 during my NS days, realised the use/danger of #2 this year, am learning to become #3, and searching for #4. haha!
As the world celebrates Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday (18th July), TIME magazine featured an excellent story on 8 lessons of leadership, based on the great man’s tumultuous life (read the physical copy at yeehung’s place after emo-supper).
- Courage is not the absence of fear—it’s inspiring others to move beyond it
- Lead from the front—but don’t leave your base behind
- Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front
- Know your enemy—and learn about his favorite sport
- Keep your friends close—and your rivals even closer
- Appearances matter—and remember to smile
- Nothing is black or white
- Quitting is leading too
Do spend some time to read the entire text here.
In praise of his spirited fight in paving a way to freedom and peace, Wong Ka Kui (lead singer of Beyond) dedicated a song in the late 80’s to the first black president of South Africa.